Viewers are not made to wait for a long time and to accommodate users on slow internet connections. Search engine(SE) algorithms also do take into consideration your load time.
Few Tips are providing here:
· Optimize your HTML Script: Make sure that your site doesn't have any unwanted tags and that it is optimized.
· Effective Table designing: Design using nested tables instead of using cell merges and splits. Use separate tables where ever possible.
· Maximize content area: This not only reduces load time, it enhances the readability of your site.
· Minimize use of graphics, Flash, scripts: These are the major contributors to the size of your web page
· Stick to simple designs: Most fast loading sites have very simple designs. Take the hint! Complicated designs will slow down your pages.
· Optimize or Reduce all heavy files: As much as possible optimize heavy graphics, Flash files and scripts. In editors like fireworks and flash you can see the various options in the preview panel to reduce the sizes. See how popular web sites like google, yahoo & MSN have pages that are very small in size and thus load in seconds.